If you know what you’re in for, then get hype. If not, buckle up, buttercup, because Esoteria is coming at you!
- The Dartells ” Clap Your Hands” [b/w Where Do We Stand?] 1965
- Dada “If I’m Blind” [Thats Dada] 1982
- No, not the band who sang “I’m Going to Dizz Knee Land”, this one was Canadian and this was their sole release.
- All Trouveé “Darling” [b/w Darling (Instrumental)] 1985
- The Gold Nuggets “Gold Dollar” [7″ Single] 1965
- The Eternals “Night Fright” [Night And Day] 1982
- Gloria Henson “Rovin’ Girl” [b/w Riches To Rags] 1955
- Churchmice “College Psychology On Love” [b/w Babe We’re Not Part Of Society] 1965
- Definitely on the short list of First Punk Song Ever. Even the cover looks appropriate.
- Fredo Dora “Fredo Dora Theme” [b/w Monja] 1987
- The Abstract Sound “Blacked Out Mind” [b/w I’m Trying] 1967
- éVoid “Taximan” [b/w Inda-Inda-Indaba] 1983
- Shîtan “Disco Shîtan” [Disco Shîtan] 1977
- How amazing is that cover? I want a t-shirt of it.
- Geri Baird “Backside Of The Desert” [Cool Age] 1980
- This Canadian record is listed as both Disco and Gospel on Discogs, which I think is the first time I’ve seen that.
- Ronald Koal And The Trillionaires “Destination Zero” [Little Pig] 1982
- From Columbus, OH.
- Chuck Stephens “Girl, I Want To Make Love To You” [b/w Let’s Get Nasty] 1975
- Radiance “Snake It / Break It” [Pick-N-Choose] 1985
- Battiato “Centro Di Gravità Permanente” [b/w Summer On A Solitary Beach] 1981
- Franco Battiato passed away yesterday. His obituary from the NYT
- Funk Masters “Love Money” [b/w Bo Kool “(Money) No Love”] 1980
- Mr. T “Treat Your Mother Right” [b/w Be Somebody] 1984
- Axel Bauer ” Cargo” [b/w Cargo (Re-Mix)] 1983
- The Attractions “La•La•La•La•La Loved You” [Mad About The Wrong Boy] 1980
- I guess the Attractions recorded an album without Elvis Costello. Huh.
- Rock City Band “The Girl Who Loved Jack Daniels” [b/w Thoughtless Woman] 1972
- The Revolvers “Like Me” [When You Were Mine] 1967
- Roy Esser “Can I Pawn My Teeth to You” [b/w Man Do I Like Friday] Year Unknown
- A deep research dive into this very odd record can be found here.
- The Underground Set “Arcipelago” [b/w Orchestra Gian Piero Reverberi “La Filibusta”] 1970
- Eddie Quansah “Make The Best Of What You Got” [My Star Will Shine] 1979
- The Citizen Band “A Lincoln And A King” [A Lincoln And A King] 1981
- The Accent “Red Sky At Night” [b/w Wind Of Change] 1967
And finally, the video I ended on is this:
A listener on Discord discovered it was from a 1985 ABC documentary on nuclear power. Read more about it here.